Sunday, April 17, 2011

'Carolina In My Mind'

Last week Allie and I one-upped James Taylor by hitting the road and actually going to 'Carolina' for a visit with her Grandmom and Grandpa. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous about a 6 hour car ride with an 8-week-old, but Allie was VERY nice to me. We left a little after 7am and she kept on sleeping so I kept on trucking. We made great time on the trip and she slept the whole way. For the first two days of our trip, Grandmom was partying in New Mexico with her sisters, so Grandpa got some quality Allie-time (I tagged along). My mom came back to North Carolina late Monday night, but mustered her Grandmom powers to be up and ready for an early morning start to her time with her Granddaughter. We had a blast enjoying the warm weather, taking walks, rocking on the back porch, meeting friends, and, of course, we managed a little bit of shopping while we were there (the results of which are painfully cute, in my humble opinion). And, if there was ever any doubt, it is now official, Allie is totally smitten with her Grandmom and Grandpa. She was full of smiles and 'conversation' and, as if that wasn't enough, she decided to show off for her grandparents by sleeping through the night for the first time! We were sad to leave on Friday, but I think Chris may have reached through my phone and pulled her back home if we hadn't. Here are a few of our favorite pictures from our trip. Thanks Grandmom and Grandpa for a great visit!

When in the South, one must have a fabulous hat.

Grandpa working? That's funny :o).

Southern Comfort.

I'm just so happy I can't stand it.

Grandmom's quilting board says I'm 23 inches of cute.

A shot of 'Team Let-Suz-Run-Again'...thanks ladies!
Why am I in a corner? I've been so good!

Our happy girl.

Hanging out in my jammers.
Mid pre-bath conversation with Grandmom.

I...look...mahvelous.

It's a 'Shore' thing...I make this suit look good!

All that sleeping made me tired.

Happy to have his girl back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment