Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All Dressed Up

So, as it turns out, our girl LOVES to dress up. Her Grammy introduced her to the world of sparkles, wizard hats and high-heels with a well-timed thrift-store score of a dress-up trunk and accessories, and Allie hasn't looked back. Apparently I've been stifling her inner girlie-girl these past 20 months, when really, all the girl wanted was pearls and a nice pair of sensible sequin pumps...who knew?

'Cheese!' (And yes, that is a pink feather boa in the background.)

Polishing off the look with her dinner gloves. I'm sure somewhere out there is a toddler with fingers small enough to fit in these, but I can tell you one thing...she doesn't live here.

I prefer my magazines with witches hats and a side of Grandpa.

OK, fine. I get it. No more dress-up clothes. Doesn't mean I can't...

Improvise!

'I, I, I work out.'

Don't let my toddler growth spurt fool you...baby still got belly.

OK, fine. No dress-up connection here...but seriously. How cute is my little kitchen aide?

I swear, I'm not using our toddler as an excuse to usher in Christmas before Halloween is even over. I promise she asked for these by name...right after I told her they were an option and that the rest of her jammers were dirty.

Sneak peak at her Halloween costume...while wearing her polka-dot Santas.

So, Allie was a spider-web this year for Halloween. Some may see this as a thinly-veiled attempt at an excuse for having our daughter wear a sparkly tutu. Some would be right.

The ladies take on the 31st.

Mommy, you said this costume came with candy.

This is all the sugar I need.

Love this girl.

Action photo. Somehow she wasn't having it when I kept on trying to steer her towards the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Whoppers are a last resort, Al...I have so much to teach you still.

Later Mom, I've got business to attend to.

2 comments:

  1. Love the costume, she is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable. I love the random picture of your 'kitchen aid' in there too :)! You both looked great on halloween!

    ReplyDelete