Turns out I had pictures all set to post for our July adventures and forgot to finish up the post! Summer brain strikes again. Alas, I'm shaking out the cobwebs back at work already (had my first case of the Mondays and everything), but I refuse to accept that the fun stops here! Here's a little re-cap of our short, but big summer...
In July, Allie, Grammy and I fancied up and headed to the Kennedy Center to see The Lion King with Gayle and Brady (you've seen them here before :o). We loved it and Allie continues to refer to herself as Nala and mentions being chased by hyenas on a daily basis. We know she's changed to lion form when she refers to us as 'Mom' and 'Dad.' I guess she thinks that felines are more formal.
.JPG) |
| We're working on our ROAR! |
.JPG) |
| Broadway (in DC) Bound! |
 |
We felt extremely honored to have been photo-bombed by Brady :o). Look closely, you can see Allie thinking...wait a second...I know that move! |
 |
| Gayle grabbed a great shot of Grammy sitting pretty. |
We may be a little biased, but these two totally rocked the red carpet and I think they could have swept the vote for most adorable leading couple.
 |
| 'Coooome, here.' |
.JPG) |
| 'I always get my man.' |
 |
Fancy photography courtesy of Gayle Gonzales Photography (I just made that title up, but seriously, if you see REALLY good pictures, she took them).
|
 |
| Some dresses are just made for twirling. |
 |
| Poombaa and Simba joined us on the ride home. |
Soon after in the month of July, we took what has been dubbed, 'The Group Trip.' I've been fortunate to have had these girls in my life for over twenty years and their friendship has been one of my greatest blessings. The chance to get to spend a week with most of them and their families, watching the kids play together, and catching up each night with a glass of wine outside on the deck after the kids had gone to bed, was priceless.
 |
| We've definitely expanded since elementary school...I think it looks good on us :o). |
 |
'Who let the moms out?!' (The dads, that's who. Thanks, guys :o). |
Having the next generation of eight kids all under the age of 6 under one roof was...well...energetic, but when the madness was somewhat under control, we had this...
 |
| Hugs...lots of hugs. |
 |
| Fashion shows. |
 |
| Couch snuggles. |
 |
| Baking buddies. |
 |
| Always good food. |
 |
| Crafting. |
 |
| And, of course...joy. |
 |
We'll have to figure out how to photo-shop Barrett and Eve in here, but here they are in all of their morning jammers glory. The Next Generation. |
Shawn even gave us the gift of one of my favorite family photos to date. With summer memories like this, what's there not to smile about?
 |
| Happy Summer, from the Eicholtz Family. |
No comments:
Post a Comment