Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime.

This week was my (Suz') first full week of summer and Allie and I wasted no time lining up playdates with more of our favorite people. We lucked out with another Brendan and Olivia sighting (it was a two-fer) on Tuesday and on Thursday we got to check out the new Gonzales Family digs which came complete with an adorable toddler. Brady gave us the grand-tour, radio flyer wagon style and we loved it!
Buddies (as if they had a choice :o).

Brendan: Nice day, huh Allie? Allie: Yeah, except there was no mention of rain in the forecast...oh wait...I'm drooling again. Shoot.
Oooh. This is nice. Good thread count, machine-washable - ATL, right?

Hi Friend. Give me your hand.
Clearly she loved Brady's new place!

Saturday, Allie took her first trip on public transportation (and currently has no weird rashes or hives to speak of, so...success!) for an inaugural family trip to Eastern Market to see our urban buddies, the Buehlers. I think the logistics of a 5 month old and 'gear' on the metro during July in DC intensified whatever 'mommy brain' I may have as I managed to forget to take a single picture on our trip, but take my word for it. We saw Celeste and Shawn (and even a cameo appearance by Shawn's nephew) and had a blast eating our way through the crabcakes, sweet-tea, napoleans and canolies that are essential to the market experience. Allie was thrilled to see her Aunt Neighbor (apologies for the nickname dating back to Greenbriar, it can't be helped...or stopped) and Shawn again and has told us she hopes to see more of them soon. To cap off the weekend we spent our 'day of rest' after church knocking things off the Eicholtz 'to-do' list with the help of Grammy and Grandpop. We've decided that it's much more fun to do this with good company...please don't let that deter you from answering our phone calls in the future. :o)

That's right, she's grabbing Abby's foot, cheek, and kicking her chin. Such a good pup.

Allie + Abs + Dad = JOY!

Showing Grandpop how she's breaking in her uniform for the upcoming family beach vacation.
Hah! I'm touching the remote! I'm touching the remote!

Christopher with his mini-me (minus the beard). And yes, that is a 'Future Hokie' bib. (Apparently alma maters are sometimes forsaken in the name of in-state tuition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment