Sunday, July 24, 2011

'Shore' Was a Great Week!


We spent this past week enjoying the sun and sand of Suz' birth state in the exceptionally clean part of the 'Dirty Jerz,' the beach-town of Avalon, NJ. Allie was fortunate enough to get to spend the week with 2 sets of doting grandparents (Suz and Chris' parents), and enjoy cameo appearances by her Uncle Jonathan, cousin Tim, her Pop (Chris' dad), Mumsy (her greatgrandmother, Chris' grandmom), another Monty-sighting, and she even got to meet family she had not yet met.  No wonder she decided life was too exciting to sleep! She left Virginia a toothless, wobbly ball of cute and came back with 1 legit tooth, 1 more popping through, and the ability to show them both off while sitting pretty like a big girl. It's amazing and we're only a little bit proud of her. And, of course, what would our little girl's first beach-vacation be without an embarrassing amount of pictures? We 'shutter' to think about it...

Fair warning, you may need a cup of coffee and a snack to reach the end.

Let's get this party started!


The Eicholtz Family Shore-takeover 2011

Reporting for Daddy Duty...but next time, we're taking money from the college fund to spring for a cart.

Doing the Beach Boogie. Shake it! Shake, shake, shake it!

Geez, I gotta work on my tan.

Bathing beauties!

Red, white, and cute!


The Eicholtz Ladies.

Toweling off after some laps in the wading pool.

My cousin Tim's so cozy! And when he's not looking, I'm going to sneak a taste of the ice cream left on his shirt.


Hah! I keep telling them how big I am, but they keep asking anyways! Clearly, I'm 'SO big!'

Raspberries taste better at the shore.
Morning trips to Avalon Coffee, a beach trip tradition. (Hah! Mama thinks that's decaff!)
I've got smiles for miles, Grandpop. Go ahead, test me!
Daddy: What does a pig say, Allie? Allie: Sssssssssssssss. Daddy: Good girl.

'Avalo' family beach pic. (Allie was looking for the missing 'n.')

Daddy's little pirate...

Arrrrrgggh.

Why yes, I am a big girl. I've been waiting for someone to notice!

Casting call for his/her Gerber Baby ads. Brendan, we've got this thing in the bag.

Hah! It's Aunt Sue! I knew I'd get to meet her one day!
Uncle Karl it sure is good to...woah, is that fudge on the table?!

Lori! Great to eat your hair, I mean meet you.
It's my Pop again! I've got a full deck of grandparents!

Hey Dad, you need a needle and thread...? (Mama put me up to saying that. ;o)

Hey, now that I'm sitting, I can hang out on the couch with Grandmom!
Beach baths are the best!
Disclaimer: My parents did not buy this onesie, they only agree with it :o).

We came home from a great week at the shore only to top it off with visits with some of our favorite people. On Sunday, we celebrated our niece and Allie's cousin, Alice's baptism. She was an absolute trooper and was quiet as a mouse the whole service. We're so happy you're here Alice and excited for your walk in Christian faith.


Alice Sophia, baptized July 24th, 2011.
Alice, congratulations, lady.

We finished out our weekend with some long-overdue introductions with Aunts Teet and Patrice and our first trip to their cabin in Annapolis. Allie loved the ladies and we all loved getting to see their new home. 
Finally!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment