The Eicholtz Family Blog Update Computer (that's it's full official name) has been out of commission since I burnt out the charger, but no fear! We're back and we have an obscene amount of pictures to make up for the lost January blog time. We started the Christmas wind-down with our friend, and frequent visitor, the double-ear infection. We were bummed that it put the brakes on our plans to visit the Montys in Princeton, but we spent some quality healing time together and after another round of antibiotics, we're in the clear...for now. Fortunately, our little patient bounces back quickly as evidenced below.
It's only been a few weeks, but I feel like it may be time for a full-blown Allie update. So much changes so quickly at this point, so here goes! This pre-year mark has been pretty cool to watch as Allie is 'getting' more and more. These days we have longer times of 'reading' books before biting them and she'll let you know which ones she wants you to read...and then stop reading...and then start again. She's deciding to let us know when she's really not hungry and Abby is reaping the rewards of her generosity. At daycare, I saw her offering her toys to a younger baby. Of course, that same week, I also saw Allie catch one of her friends playing with her shoe and make a beeline to her from across the room so she could grab it out of her hand. The look of shear determination and focus on her face was only a little scary. Her teachers showed me that she's using signs for 'more' and 'finished' when she eats and then just today I was pressing the paw of a dog that talks and flops its ears and when it stopped, she looked at me and made the sign for 'more.' You bet I pressed it again!
We had our first official word when I went to pick her up and there was a little baby (important distinction since clearly Al's such a big girl) being picked up by her mom at the same time. The mom and I were holding the girls and talking and Allie pointed to her and said 'baby.' I did a double-take and tried not to tear-up (yes, apparently I'm
that mom). We're pretty sure she's had 'Hi' in her wheelhouse for a bit, but this was by far the most deliberate and definite word yet. Since then, we've heard 'ball' and some definite 'Daddy's.' She's certainly got a lot to say these days, we're just not always sure what it is that she thinks she's saying.
But quite possibly one of my favorite new developments is that she is becoming quite the expert hugger. I'm talking happy walk with flopping arms into the lap, head on the chest, hugging. Can't beat it.
 |
| Double-ear infection? Not again... |
 |
| Hey! That means I get more happy drugs...YEEEESSSS! |
 |
| Nothing a little spending spree courtesy of Daddy's wallet can't help...I'm off! |
 |
| And, on the menu tonight...HAM! |
 |
| I'd like to thank my fans. That's right, you guys are the best! |
 |
| You'd better hope you've got that thing on 'ACTION' setting, lady. |
 |
| Capital 'T' |
 |
| This is how we bathe these days. Standing room only. |
 |
| Abs receiving one of Allie's newly perfected 'hugs.' |
I've been waiting until Allie was big enough to try on the sweater-set that my mom knit her before she was born. The time has come and I think it's best to show these pictures in sequence to get the full effect. Until next time, we'll be savoring our last weeks of counting our girl's age in months only...
 |
| We began with everything (everything and the camera lens cap, that is). |
 |
| Still looking good. |
 |
| Then goes the hat... |
 |
| And, she's off. |
 |
| And so are the hat and booties. (Nice even stitches, Grandmom!) |
 |
| O.M.G. Who traded in my little girl for a 4 year old?! |
No comments:
Post a Comment