It's here. The month that marks one year of Al! I've done my best to try to instill a healthy sense of awe and importance in our daughter when it comes to birthdays. We're gearing up at the Eicholtz house for the big 0-1. We took care of our monthly trip to the doctor's to grab a new script (see, I'm even down with the 'pharm-lingo'...I can hear Christopher cringing on that one when he reads it, but he's not here, so I'll leave it in) for the expected return of another set of ear infections. We may be talking tubes at her 1-year appointment in a week, we shall see. Until then, our little patient is doing great, so much so, that it almost feels like cheating to stay home with her when she gets that first ear infection fever and can't go in to daycare...almost. We had a great sick-day on Friday complete with a run to Party City, Starbucks, and Costco where Allie graciously offered her services as pro bono greeter to anyone willing to look her way...and even those who didn't. She's persistent, that one.
 |
| Someone's getting a little too cozy with her meds...yep, that's our girl sucking lovingly on the 'amox'-syringe. |
|
|
|
|
The energy level is still pretty high, of course...
 |
| Just sitting calmly...quietly...I'm always serene... |
 |
| EXCEPT WHEN I'M NOT!!! |
 |
| WHO'S WITH ME?!?! |
Allie and her friends at daycare all have the same 'modified' sign for 'more' when they're eating in their high chairs. Al's 'more' has morphed into, 'I want.' Sometimes we're not really sure WHAT exactly she wants, but we're pretty sure she knows...often the safe guess is 'everything.'
 |
| 'I want'...that...and....that...and...that... |
 |
| Of course she's not the only one who 'wants.' (This may surprise you, but she never got to finish that graham...someone else did, though.) |
 |
| That's fine. I'll just wash my dishes in your water bowl, good buddy. Payback, pup. |
You may remember Allie's office snapshot from earlier.
 |
| Once again, confused about the dresscode, but ready to get down to business. |
Well, the grind continues...
 |
| Right...double-that and throw in a retainer. |
 |
| WHAT is so hard to understand? I know I said I wanted you to bake me that cake 'as fast as you can,' but I NEEDED it to be here yesterday! |
Yikes...we may have created a monster.
No comments:
Post a Comment