Well, it's official. We have a daughter whose age we now count in years. Allie's 1st birthday was today, February 12th, and we celebrated in true Eicholtz ladies' style by stretching it out over the entire weekend (and beyond, really, since the cupcakes are in the fridge, ready for Allie's daycare buddies tomorrow).There's a lot we could say about this past year, but her Daddy's Facebook post (who ever thought those words would go together, am I right?) sums it up: Best year of our life. Happy Birthday, Alliebelle.
 |
| First week, February 2011. And now... |
 |
| Did someone say 'Birthday'...? |
 |
| I thought so!!! |
We started her birthday-party-morning with some early gifts from Grandmom and Grandpa...
 |
| Hats on inside, Grandpa...that's just silly! |
 |
| Good to know there are still some things she needs to grow into. Thanks for the homemade bathrobe, Grandmom! |
What's a birthday celebration without tons of sugary goodness? We don't know...and probably will never find out :o).
 |
| Cupcakes for our cupcake. |
 |
| 'I want her to have a whole cake for herself.' (Direct quote from Daddy. Translation...'Mama, get baking.') |
 |
| We scooped her up long enough for a family photo before there was more cake than dress on our girl. |
Allie made sure to share her wisdom and knowledge gained over her lengthy 12 months with the newest of the group. We had some very special guests in attendance, three who are still counting in months (OK, one in weeks).
 |
| Allie's partner in fashion, Lakshmi, our newest next door neighbor. |
 |
| Cousin Alice showing off her standing for the big event. |
 |
| Sarah, showing off her peaceful sleeping skills (I tried to get Allie to take notes, she would have none of it). |
And of course, what party is complete without a little something to rip into?
 |
| What? I could get used to this. |
 |
| Our little bookworm getting some help from Lakshmi's big brother. |
 |
| Strollin' with the homies. |
 |
| She loves cupcakes...vanilla, chocolate, plastic. All are clap-worthy. |
 |
| Workin' the room (molar drool and all). |
 |
| You may have a headstart, but I race this track each day, my friend. I WILL catch you! |
|
|
|
|
|
And, of course, there's the birthday cake...
 |
| I've been training 12 months for this...'bring it.' |
 |
| Seriously...you're not gonna stop this? |
 |
| Suit yourself. |
 |
| You! Put this on the nightly menu, would ya? |
 |
| Happy Birthday to Me!!! |
 |
| And one last unbiased wardrobe contribution from Grammy. |
|
We wanted to take this post to say again how blessed we feel to have such wonderful family and friends in our lives and in the life of our daughter. We know she will never have a shortage of loving support from all sides and we are so very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment