We'll go ahead and throw quotes around (as my roomie O'Brien would say) the 'Spring' part of that Break considering the frigid temps, but we'll take it! We shared a family Easter Egg hunt at Great Country Farms in Virginia with Grammy and about a hundred other toddlers on Saturday and then Allie and I dodged snowflakes and headed south to North Carolina so we could spend most of my week off of work with Grandmom and Grandpa. There is still much fun to be had, but since I've got a stockpile of pictures all before Easter, I figured I'd start posting.
 |
| On the hunt... |
 |
| Still no chocolate spotted. |
 |
| Fine, straight sugar will have to do. |
 |
| Living up to my middle name. Great-Grandma Kass would have given me a run for my money on the Peep count. |
Once we woke up in North Carolina, we began our regular southern vacation routine. Baking...
 |
| Are we sure this is the best use of my talents? I'm actually an exceptional taste-tester. |
 |
| Fine, I'll roll with it. |
And of course, we always have time for a round or two of golf.
 |
| Yes, this will do just fine for the wind conditions. |
 |
| Nice lie! |
 |
| I have to get one of those motorized get-ups. |
Not many golfers experience this much joy on the links...of course this little lady's not like many golfers.
 |
| Fore!!! |
 |
| :o) |
 |
| Yeeeeesssss!!! |
 |
| Who's with me?!! |
We visited friends with an AMAZING train setup. Thank you Mr. Frank and Ms. Mary for sharing your fun!
 |
| Sometimes it was tough to tell who was having more fun :o). |
 |
| All aboard! |
 |
| Sure was nice of everyone to show up just to check out my new hat. |
 |
| Thaaat's a little close. |
 |
| Smokin'! |
 |
| Here's a shot from above, but it doesn't do justice to how amazing this collection was. Frank and Mary so graciously share their love of trains and their impressive collection with many of the River Landing grandkids. What a special gift and a lovely couple. Allie even left with an official Junior Engineer Award certificate. |
Grandmom always makes sure we are ready for some holiday crafts.
 |
| Alright, folks. You may have heard of my 'needs improvement' status in the color recognition department. I'll prove to you I'm just pulling your leg...right after I stir this yellow... |
 |
| Who needs to know what's what? Just color me happy!!! |
 |
| Ready for some huevos, Abuela. |
 |
| You bet I'm counting these eggs like a big girl...let's just leave their colors out of the discussion.. |
And, we went for our very first haircut. Daddy begrudgingly approved just a little off the bottom. Thanks Miss Missy for making it so much fun! Plus, I scored my second certificate of the week for being such a brave hair-cutter-ee, complete with a little baggie of my baby hair for Mommy and Daddy to look at and get this funny, weepy look...silly parents.
 |
| Hey! Who's that crazy girl in the mirror? |
 |
| Sniff sniff...I mean, snip snip. |
 |
| And a little curl...that lasted a little minute. (This, plus her utter lack of frizz in humidity locks it in that she SO does not have her Mommy's hair.) |
 |
| Ahhh, I could get used to this. |
I have never seen such great haircut pictures! And was that a french braid I see in there!?! I'd kill for a french braid :) love it. Looks like fun with the dyeing. Maybe Luke can teach Allie her colors and Allie can teach Luke to count. He goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, hehe.
ReplyDelete