Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Tidings

We enjoyed a wonderful Easter today with friends and family. Allie woke up with one set of grandparents and partied in the afternoon with another set plus a handful of new BFFs, so her day was a success. We made it to church in one piece and enjoyed celebrating the resurrection and forgiveness of Jesus Christ as a family, all in all, a very good day.

Happy Easter to you and your family from the Eicholtz Family.

A post-church toddler-meltdown kept us from an official Easter family photo in our church clothes, but this Easter-egg hunt picture looks a bit more accurate anyways. We'll take it.


Al: Hey. What's this about something being 'hollow?' I don't really know what it means, but I have a feeling something's not quite right here...
Mommy & Daddy: The real question, Al, is 'What happened to your pants?'

What's Hoppin'ing, Grandpa?

She wore her fancy dress for the first time today and immediately declared that she was a ballerina and started twirling. She then informed Mommy that Mommy was her prince, but then five minutes later Daddy got the job title and 'glass slippers' were apparently hidden like Easter Eggs throughout the house. I have a feeling we'll remember this day when it's time to go prom dress shopping. 

And a goofy-grinned Easter to you too.

Two years ago she fit inside this Easter basket.

YES! The Easter Bunny appreciates my need for hair styling success!

'Allie the First'
(Shout out to the adorable 'Sophia the First' on the Disney Chanel...hmmm, I'm pretty sure that shout outs were NOT intended for animated kids series, but what can you do?)

Perfect! Another book to add to my 'light reading' section for the potty.

Let me just get a little sneak peak.

When you get white Easter gloves in your Easter basket, what choice do you have BUT to commence twirling immediately?

Why yes, I helped to decorate this Bunny Cake. That bow-tie didn't get front-loaded with M&Ms on its own. 

A little table for a big serving of dessert with Daddy. 
Theeerrrreeee it is. 
 And, I realize this is an abrupt pictorial transition, but you should know that we have big things going on in the Eicholtz house these days, or should I say 'big girl' things. Last Thursday, Allie decided she was 'all-in' with the whole potty-using thing. We had bought her big-girl undies the weekend before and were just kind of following her lead, but she's never really taken to it until now. I picked her up from daycare and her teacher said she used the potty each time and even asked to go a few times. Score! So, since we don't do anything half-way around here, in less than two weeks, Allie's room was painted (Thanks, Grammy!) while we were in North Carolina. Her crib was taken down, her big rocking chair removed (I still have trouble with this one, but as my friend reassured me, bed snuggles are good too), and a twin bed with a new butterfly quilt made by Grandmom were ready and waiting for us when we got home. We're dreading the day she realizes she can get out of bed on her own. For now she still wakes up and yells 'I am all done!' But we're enjoying the honeymoon of sleep until then. So, here you go...welcome to our world these days :o).



Her royal throne.

She went from looking like a giant in her crib to a peanut on her big girl bed. 

Sweet dreams, Sugar.


1 comment:

  1. Aw these pictures are fun! I love her Easter dress. We didnt get a family photo this Easter either. I think we were all too pooped. How is the big girl bed going? Hope it's all still going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete