Monday, May 13, 2013

May Flowers

We're a little delinquent on the posts over the past month(s), so when I checked out the camera, I found a pretty good mashup of the every-day-crazy that is Allie and pictures from a wonderful Mothers Day weekend. We are thoroughly enjoying Spring and counting down until summer fun when I can answer 'Nope!' when Allie asks me 'Mommy? You going to work?' Can't wait!

Chris and I ran in a neighborhood 5K in April and Allie held down the fort with her Grandpop just before getting her official diagnosis of Bronchitis. She's now a Claritin-kid, so that the allergy gunk doesn't get into her chest next time (or so we hope). All we can say is 'Thank Goodness the nebulizer is packed away...for now.' For Allie it's like an IV of Mountain Dew with a shot of espresso. It's ugly.
We explained that the numbers we were wearing were called 'bibs.' She corrected us and called them 'flags,' but made sure we knew that she wore bibs when she was a little girl...'yesterday.' (It's our current past-tense catch-all phrase.)

Bronchitis of the Princess

Never too sick to show off her belly during a dance-party in Daddy's shoes.

That's right.

Standing at attention, ready for her trunk to be inspected with Mowgli and the elephants while watching the Jungle Book (clearly elephants don't wear pants).


Catching a few rays...

(and slurps) with her pup.
I'm sorry, did you say there was a pancake beneath those chocolate chips?

Snuggle-time with a few close friends.
Saturday morning of Mother's Day weekend, we were fortunate enough to catch a rare sighting of some of our favorites, Erin (my roommate from Duke) and her husband Dan who were in town from Montana for a wedding. We took Guy Fieri's advice and met up at Metro Diner 29 in Arlington, which, for you Diner's Drive-Ins, and Dives fans, was totally worth the trip for the French Toast. Only bummer was that we didn't get a Franny sighting, but I'm sure there's a diner in Montana Guy could recommend...

Suz, Erin and Al.

This smile was brought to you by Erin, Dan...and bacon.

Lots of bacon.
 Speaking of breakfast foods, what's a better way to follow brunch than with brunch? We celebrated with half of our moms with a Mothers Day Brunch at our place and then we treated Barb and Steve to a day of hard labor to beautify our front yard and our neighbor's. Fortunately, I'm blessed to have a wonderful Mother-in-law who thinks that this is the PERFECT way to spend her special day and I still take sneak peaks out the front door to look at our pretty flowers.

Chris pulling my Mothers Day gifts.


Allie wished me an energetic 'Happy Mothers Day, Mommy!,' followed by a rousing rendition of 'Happy Birthday to You!' I'll take it.

Allie was in charge of the men and the brown-sugar banana biscuits.

Easy does it on the sugar, Grandpop. I'm (usually) sweet enough.

Before...

'Everybody helps.'

Ready for gardening...and any emergency call for controlling air traffic.

Shoveling mulch into the grass is essential to a well-manicured lawn.

Watch-out weeds.

This was just before Grammy saved the day and volunteered to take someone to the playground so the progress could continue.

After :o). Please note the pouting boxer peaking out the front door window.

1 comment:

  1. I assume it was not actually your birthday right? I love this whole all holidays are the same mentality of the toddler. Too funny. On Jeannette's bday, Lukas watched as I wrapped her present. Then we get to her house and he keeps saying he wants to open the 'christmas present' because "maybe, probably there is a truck in there" hehehe! Anyways, love the pics!

    ReplyDelete