We knew it was going to happen. At some point, I was going to have to return to work. But, until that day came, we tried to pack as much into our last weeks of Suz-Summer as possible. And, as I've survived the first week and a half back, I'm happy to report that you can still have family fun as a working girl...the weekends are just even more precious.
 |
| Lazy Summer Saturday Snuggles |
For our last week of summer, Allie and I continued our circuit of petting all possible farm and zoo animals in the Northern Virginia Area. This time we checked out the Reston Zoo to find new furry friends.
 |
| Little Llama Llama enjoying a snacky-snacky. |
 |
| It takes more than a little chicken wire to keep her from making new buddies. |
 |
| Don't worry, Abs. You're still my favorite. |
We even snuck in a visit from Aunt Erin and cousin Aiden. Allie was in heaven and Aiden begrudgingly found himself with a new toddler shadow.
 |
| Thiiiis about sums it up. |
The Loudoun County Fair came just in time for the end of summer. We put on our rain -gear and headed out for more close-encounters with the farmworld.
 |
| I'm a Renaissance Princess...John Deeres and purple nail polish work just fine. |
 |
| Hmmm, I was promised bigger puddles. |
 |
| We've decided only to let her around horses twice a year in case in a moment of cuteness she asks her Daddy for a pony. |
 |
| Blue Ribbon Pig Impression |
We enjoyed time with the Buehlers before Sarah became an official big sister - welcome, Hannah!
 |
| Allie showing Sarah the finer points of driveway-pool-parties... |
 |
| Eat your heart out, boys! |
Speaking of eating, we did that too...and cooking...and apparently Mommy's new running headband from Daddy doubles as a cook's hairband.
 |
| Inaugural meatloaf batch for her new ballerina apron, courtesy of Grandmom-I-can-so-sew-that-Wintrode. |
After the meatloaf, we got to work on some sweet treats for our annual Wintrode reunion.
The second-cousins have decided to continue to grow like weeds, check out below for photographic-evidence...
.JPG) |
| 2011 |
 |
| 2012 |
 |
2013!
As MaryEllen put it, the kids and the personalities just keep getting bigger :o). |
And another blast from the past...
 |
| 2012: Alice, Allie and Lukas...ready for action. |
 |
| 2013: The 2's Crews... |
 |
| Too cool for school (which is good since they're all Pre-K anyway). |
 |
| The A-Team, cousin-style. |
 |
| Rockin' with her cousin Tim. |
 |
| Why yes, I fit right in with the big girls (thanks Emily and Kierstin!). |
 |
| Allie and her canine counterpart (also Allie :o). This good-looking pup was named while our Allie was still in my belly). |
 |
| The whole crew - (Minus Christopher, he had the unpleasant task of a company-wide computer-upgrade to manage that weekend for Ernst and Young). |
Unfortunately, Allie soldiered through the day without a nap, only to take a 2.5 hour-whopper on the drive home from 4-6:30pm...so there was energy to be spared that night. Like energy for this, for example...
 |
| Too much quiet...I walk in to find this. The explanation? "I'm healing my legs." |
 |
| Doc McAllie shouting, 'I HAVE a diagnosis!' |
 |
| We're hoping she takes care of us in our old age. Doctor away, my friend. |
 |
| And, speaking of friends... |
While Allie's grandparents were in town, the two sets of grandparents decided to take-on the cousin-team and head to the National Zoo. And yes...it absolutely took four adults to corral these three. Mainly, because of these two...
 |
| Alright, who let them out of their cages? |
 |
| Grandmom and her groupies (and bicep muscles after that day). |
 |
| Smiles for miles. |
 |
| Grandpop. Relax. It's just a statue (I know, I tried to tickle him and got NOTHING). |
 |
| These guys actually thought they might get to read about some animals...maybe on another trip. |
In true Suz fashion, I took a stab at cutting Allie's hair in somewhat of a 'style.' The style was only supposed to be about an inch shorter than before, but with layers. A botched attempt at hair-cut timing with a very squirmy no-nap toddler, meant that Allie now has an 'off the shoulder' do. Fortunately, the length is definitely growing on us (and her :o). Only problem is that she looks about 4 years old...SO not OK with her parents.
.JPG) |
| Why yes, that is a strategically placed and sized big pink bow. |
And, what better way to streeeetch out summer than with crabs and good friends. The three of us headed out for crab-picking with Kim-marie and Ebi (the man that is brave enough...OK, fine, and lucky enough :o) to have snagged her as a fiance. How excited are we that he's joining the team?!
SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
.JPG) |
| And yes, that is chocolate all over her face. |
No comments:
Post a Comment