While we were sad to see the summer days of late mornings, and little schedule go, there's something refreshing and renewing about the coming of fall in all its crispness and pumpkin glory. We also suspect that the fall season has brought with it an uptick in goofiness for our girl...but you can judge for yourself.
 |
| Yes...I'm growing... |
 |
| and getting goofier by... |
 |
| the... |
 |
| minute!!! |
 |
| Fortunately, you don't have to be sedate to be a princess these days. |
 |
| Good thing.....cause I have.... |
 |
| ants... |
 |
| in....my... |
 |
| pants!!! |
 |
| Sometimes I can be quite calm... |
 |
| 'Shhh, guys. Don't...say...a...word.' |
 |
| But let's be honest, this is the only time you can guarantee calmness. |
We're busting out of our kitchen 'party dances' as Allie calls them, and trying to see if our little freestyler can adapt to legit dance instruction (I know, we had you convinced with our sweet dance moves that her parents are professionals...but we're not). She just started dance class last Tuesday and so far it's pretty adorable, I have to say. She's done a great job listening (in my unbiased opinion) and if they give awards at the end, we're at least a shoe-in for best belly, no question.
 |
| Dancing... |
 |
| Dancing... |
 |
| Dancing! |
 |
| She's a dancing machine!!! |
I should also mention that her career as Doogie Howser is taking off as well. One word of advice...if she pulls out her 'medical tweezers'...head for the door. She's not shy about letting you know, 'This is going to hurt.' We were ready to eat dinner and she thought about it, and eventually informed us that 'I'm taking off my coat so I don't get food on it, but I'm still a doctor.' Oh, we know, buddy.
 |
| Prescription for Halloween fun in the shape of a Grandmom-made Doc's jacket. |
Allie's not the only one moving and shaking. We're doing our best to keep up. Chris has been competing in an ongoing CrossFit team competition and Allie and I have enjoyed cheering him on for the past few Saturdays, along with friends and family who have made it out to support him as well.
And, in an absolute dichotomy from the stark Rocky vs. the Russian atmosphere of Chris' CrossFit competitions, we arrive at pink boas and tiaras for Suz' Diva Half-Marathon this past Saturday in our local Wine Country.
 |
| 'This old thing? I only wear this when I don't what I look like.' |
 |
| 'GO! Mommy!' (We practiced beforehand :o). |
 |
| Downhill...FINALLY! |
 |
This was only part of our professional cheering squad who braved closed roads and delays to camp out at miles 9 & 11 to cheer me on. Grandmom and Grandpa came in for the weekend and Chris and his parents led the troops to the race course bright and early to grab a piece of pavement and wait for a long time for a little Suz sighting. It was VERY much appreciated :o). |
 |
| My running Diva-partner-in-crime, Gayle. We rocked it...or at least we didn't slip on the rocks that we ran on the entire time...so...gravelly...so...hilly! |
 |
| Everyone was ready for some down-time after an early race morning. |
On Sunday, we gathered as a family and renewed our marriage vows. It was a very small, private ceremony, but it meant a great deal to both of us. And this time, we got to share it with our greatest blessing.
It was a very good weekend.
I love Allie's new haircut - wow she looks more grown up! I am also super happy to hear about your renewing of your vows, what a wonderful idea. You all look beautiful and sounds like it was a blessed time! Love y'all.
ReplyDelete