Saturday, September 28, 2013

Flyin' High

It's been a good few weeks full of dance class, pumpkins and airplanes. Our house is quickly becoming Fall central, and I refuse to believe that September 1st was too early to pull out our Halloween books. But, then again, I've never been accused of short-changing holidays...

We finally got Allie 'real' tap shoes for dance. She was super-excited when she opened the Amazon package to find a little box of loudness inside. She finally got the idea that our kitchen floor was a no-tap-zone, but I gave her a little leeway for the first go-round. Plus, for the first 15 minutes, it was cuter than it was loud...
Shuffle-step...STOMP!
We probably have about 4 books talking about various lovable characters growing ridiculously large pumpkins. So naturally, when I brought home 2 pumpkins from the store (have no fear, pumpkin patch trips are in the works, but I couldn't wait), Allie knew exactly what to do. First, she asked for the hose so we could water the pumpkins. Then, she asked for her chair so she could watch them grow. THEN, she shared loudly with the neighborhood that they were 'SO BIG!' We feel certain that she has this 'Fall' thing, down.

'I'm going to turn it over so it can grow bigger.'

'It's GROWING!!!'
 Today we went to the Leesburg Air Show. The price of admission was patience as we waited for the shuttle from 'Mommy's School' (Heritage), and then we got to enjoy the afternoon surrounded by planes, cars, and all the fair food you cared to buy. It was glorious.

Grammy & Allie say, 'Airplane!'

Grandpop and Allie were both impressed by how well the planes were 'sharing the sky' during their mid-air-close-encounters.

'Yeah, yeah, she's walking on the wing of the plane up in the air. Have you guys tried this funnel cake? It's delicious.' 

Just my size.

We even got a cameo appearance by the Gonzales Family!

'Everybody Loves Nathan'...starring Nathan.

Allie: Brady-sighting = JOY!!!
Brady: 'Wait a second...'

Brady: 'What just happened?'


Brady: 'Hold on there...gotta...'

'WARM UP! And we're OFF!!!'

Flyin' High.

Yep.Still up there.


Look Daddy, I'm an AIRPLANE!!!

What do you mean you thought one of these bags of Kettle Corn was yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment