Saturday, March 15, 2014

Her Royal Shyness...Yeah Right.

In between (and during) snow-days, well, to keep it short, there were princesses. Grammy, Allie and I went to see Sophia and her Disney Junior buddies sing and dance at the Patriot Center.  I think Allie was most excited about Tinkerbell's cameo during Jake's Pirate skit. Fortunately, the wand we brought was the 'extra small' version, since the bald head of the man in front was dangerously close to getting whacked when the pixie-dust started flying.


'Hixie-dust! Hixie-dust! Hixie-dust!'
We took advantage of another snow-day to test out my cake-pop-maker for some Mardi Gras cakepops...we have a ways to go until we're Starbucks quality, but no one complained about the amateur-job mid-bite.

Quality control.
These days, Allie refuses to keep anything in her hair (I'm anxiously awaiting the day that her hair is long enough to go behind her ear and stay there.) The only exceptions are for dance (I have her convinced it's a 'ballerina braid') and gymnastics which she just started. So, you can imagine my surprise when she single-handedly put every hair-clip she owns in her hair at once.

She said she was Rapunzel (there's a scene where the little girls in the town braid her hair and stick flowers throughout the braid).

It lasted 3 minutes, tops.
Our neighbor was kind enough to cash in a favor and get us tickets to our local high school drama department's 'Princess Academy.' I told Christopher that I was going to convince Allie that this was Disney World. It may as well have been. This sweet production included high school girls (and guys- there were princes, crustaceans, and reindeer as well) who gave up their Saturday to come to school, dress up as the Disney princesses, sing a few songs, help with princess-themed-crafts, and then wait ever-so-patiently in their spot in the auditorium while they signed autographs, gave hugs, and sat for pictures with their awe-struck-guests. Allie wanted to wear her 'long belle dress' that Grandmom made for her and she was in her element. After the songs and introductions, the fairies invited the guests to come to the front of the auditorium and hold hands in circles and dance with them before heading to 'the craft-room' (read: the cafeteria). Allie climbed over top of me in our seats, hiked up her Belle dress, and walked with a purpose to the fairies waiting for her at the front. That girl dropped me like a bad habbit. She didn't look back once.

No, it's fine. I'm sure my Mommy is back there somewhere. Tell me more about your friend Tink.

She would only accept crafting assistance from her fairy.
We started making our princess rounds and she started hitting her groove after the first couple princesses. She had her routine down. Work her way to the princess. Hand her the autograph book. Turn around and plop it down for a picture.

Psyched that Snow White stopped dusting and showed up.

She went right in for the hug with Tiana. After all, they're old friends.

I may have instructed her to 'Say Frog Legs!' It got a better reaction from the high schoolers.
So then, our girl started warming up...and chatting it up. She approached each princess as if they were an old friend, keenly interested in her latest goings-ons, and really, anything else she had on her mind. If you need a reason to believe in the promise of the next generation, check out the patience that these kids gave our little babbling Belle. God bless them.

Pocahontas got the ball rolling with a few well-placed questions...
And Allie responded with an animated version of...her life story.
Pocahontas: 'Have you seen my movie?'
Allie: 'Yes (she has not). I know the princesses and I have my long Belle dress on. I have to hold my dress up and I saw Ariel's crab...'

And she kept on talking...
(To Sven and Kristoff from Frozen): 'I saw you in the movies and you were in snow and with Anna and...'

And talking...
'And there was a BIG snowman...'

And boo-boo-showing...
'I got a boo-boo on my elbow, but it's gonna heal...'

And more talking...
'You're Mulan and I saw Sebastian and he was a crab and he 'pinced, pinced, pinced'...'

And more talking...
'Like this, 'pince, pince, pince'...'

She took a break for Anna and Elsa. After all, those two command respect.

But she gave Prince Hans a pretty frank summary of his role in Frozen.
'Prince Hans started off nice and then became NOT-nice...'
 Allie was all-business for our last two visits.
Belle...

And Ariel. After all, this was the big-leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment