Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Has Sprung...at Last!

Don't get me wrong. My Snow-Day stamina is unmatched, but even I am thrilled to see some sunshine and warmth heading our way. We're getting a whiff of what's to come with outdoor fieldtrips, farms, and fun, and I have to say...I like it.

We had what I believe is truly our final snow day on St. Patty's day this year. Which, in our house, means that you put on Elton John-esque Shamrock glasses and wear Christmas jammers all day. I can't say I disagree with the logic. I mean, when is it NOT ok to wear Christmas jammers and who doesn't like festive shades? Certainly not us.

Shamrockin' the outfit.

Say...SNOW DAY!

We probably would have had a big goose-egg on the day for festive St. Patrick's Day crafts, but with the Snow Day and a little Pinterest, we managed to pull off green chocolate chip cookies (my request) and a foam craft figure that somewhat resembles the hairiest leprechaun I've ever seen. 
Ready to put the snow behind us (but not 'Frozen'...Elsa and Anna are seasonless), we headed out to one of our favorite farms for an Easter Egg/Peep 'Hunt' last weekend. The challenge level was a little low, but the Peep haul was high. It was windy, and Allie out-lasted all of us, but it made for some good toddler-watching.


I'm honestly not sure if she's saying 'Peeeeps' or just trying to intimidate the competition.

Boots on, bucket empty...bring it, bunny.

This was post Allie-photo-bombing a sweet trio of toddler friends who had come to the hunt together. We made sure to tell the moms her name so they knew who the random girl smiling in the photo with her new buddies was.

Release the hounds! (I mean 3-4 year-olds.)

We told her to watch out for the ground-peeps...she didn't listen.

A payback photobomb from Grandpop mid sugar-munch.

Yep...stiiiiilll eating.

We haven't really made a big deal about the Easter bunny (it's enough of  a challenge trying to explain the real meaning of Easter in 3-year-old terms). For now she's just content that he's smiling and giving her candy and hugs...which reminds me that we should probably have that chat about strangers soon.

I don't know what these were, maybe chickens? Whatever they were, they were some pretty funny fowl.

The head cut-out shot. Never gets old.

Kind of like the 'sheer joy on a swing' shot. :o)

Ah, the corn pit. Genius. We opened our dryer door and had a bowl full of popcorn later that day.


Corn angels!

She'll take any advantage she can get.

Back home at 'my park.' 

Take note, friends. If you play your cards right, you too can be celebrating an early February birthday in April. Two of my lunch dates for our family dinner at Maggiano's with Barb and Steve. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment