Wednesday, March 23, 2011

'Child of Blessing, Child of Promise'

These are the first lines of the baptismal hymn that our family and church family sang to Allie on Sunday when she was baptized. The entire day was a blessing to us as we celebrated the gift of God's Grace that Allie receives without having to do anything to earn it, our promise to raise her in the Christian faith, and the congregation's promise to support us in this. It was very meaningful to be able to share the day with those family and friends that could make it and we know others were supporting us from long distance. Chris and I have been attending our church for over twenty years (since before we were 'Chris and I'). We first met during one of the annual church mission trips. My mother worked for the church for over twenty years, and Chris' mother currently works there and has for over ten years. My grandfather confirmed me in the sanctuary in which later Chris and I were married and in which our daughter was just baptized. All of this is to say that Sunday, March 20th was a very good day...

For those of you hanging around New Jersey 30 (ahem, 1) years ago, you may recognize this dress, handmade (and smocked) by my mom for my baptism.

Four generations of grandparents and great-grandparents who love our Allison Kathleen.

Alan's clearly a pro. She slept during the entire ceremony (no mention of how much she slept the night before need be included).

Allie's first chance to meet her Pop and her Greatgrandmom (Mumsy). Clearly she's a fan...and a bit too awake for pj time.

Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

Blessed to be able to take this family photo :o).

Live from New York...it's Aunt Erin!

Greatgrandmom (Memom), cracking our girl up.


Aw, gee, Dad...I love ya.

Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment