You may have heard this already (because I've worked it into every other conversation since I found out), but Ernst & Young decided that Chris should celebrate Mother's Day and my last week of maternity leave by catching a plane to Las Vegas and spending the week in Sin City. Have no fear though, my crew ensured that I knew I was well-loved before we headed to the airport this afternoon. We (and by 'we,' I mean, Suz) dubbed Saturday 'Mother's Day Part 1' just to be sure nothing was cut short. We took a family walk, got take-out from one of our favorite restaurants, and there are sunny daisies in our kitchen. Allie and I made our first mother-daughter batch of chocolate-chip cookies (and if you've never done this one-handed, you're missing out). This morning when I went to go check on our little alarm-clock, there was possibly the best Mother's Day Card ever waiting for me stuck in the door of the nursery. We kept the good times going with a BBQ with other CrossFit families, dogs included, in celebration of the hard work of the CrossFit competitors, and then we topped it off with a Mother's Day brunch at Grammy and Grandpop Shaiko's with special cameo appearances by Allie's Aunt Erin and her boyfriend, Robin (Erin's boyfriend, not Allie's...although Allie was pretty smiley when he was holding her).
We're missing Christopher already (and I'll certainly be missing him when it's time to figure out how to take the dog out with Allie in-tow), and sad that our family daytime is coming to an end as I return to work in a week, but we're blessed to have had such a long time to enjoy each other during these first three months and this Mother's Day has been a great way to cap it off. Of course we couldn't truly cap it off without a word of thanks to our mothers. We are grateful for all you've taught us and the love you've always shown us and that you now show our daughter. Happy Mother's Day indeed.
 |
| Two happy girls. |
 |
| I'm so excited about Mother's Day, I'm drooling! |
 |
| In my happy place, getting ready to suds up so I can look my best for Mama. |
 |
| Abs, tired out from being crazy at the gym BBQ...Who are we kidding? She's tired out from being crazy, period, but we love her. |
 |
| Daddy, don't leave me! |
 |
| 2 visits from my Aunt Erin in 2 months, this is great! (And I can't even count to 2, but I know it's good!) |
 |
| A Christopher original and possibly the best Mother's Day card ever :o). Allie: So you're telling me she's only been a person mom for a couple of months. How'd she get so good? Abs: She's a natural...and she read a lot of books. You want me to lick your face? | | |
|
 |
| Thanks, hon :o). |
That is indeed a great card, good work Chris, and Happy Mother's Day Suzie!
ReplyDelete