Life does go on, as it turns out. The Eicholtz Family all survived Suz' first week back at work and the weekend never seemed so sweet! Suz' mom took the first week of Allie-duty, so we knew she was in good hands and Allie enjoyed having her Grandmom close by the whole week as she stayed with us. We've decided our girl has a sense of humor as she gave us a bit of a scare by throwing us a growth-spurt-curve-ball right before Suz went back, which means she started eating like it was her job and waking up multiple times at night, making us wonder if her spidey senses had kicked in that things were about to change. Fortunately, she's been back on track since, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that this remains the case. Back at school, the students and my co-workers have been very sweet. Allie is, as you can imagine, well-represented in my office and it's been right back to business, so the time goes quickly, but I miss her. We did bravely weather the first missed milestone when Grandmom got to see our girl rollover for the first time, but we're pretty sure it won't be a solo performance and are anxiously waiting until we get our own viewing. I was getting a bit sad that I may not have enough pictures from this week for the blog since I was at work, so you'll have to forgive my overcompensation toward the end of the week, the results of which are below...
 |
| I prefer to stand, thank you. |
 |
| Who put these bugs on my feet? |
 |
| And, it's ponytails for Mama from now own. (Yes,that's my hair she has in a joyful death-grip.) |
 |
| C-squared (clean & cute). |
 |
| 'Pink Ranger Power!' |
 |
| Dad, have I told you lately that I love you? Come give us a kiss. |
 |
| It's Gayle the Snail! (And yes, our hope is that she will one day refer to her Aunt Gayle as Gayle the Snail. We're not shy about our intentions.) |
 |
| Let's get a closer look...closer... |
 |
| Yes...that's it. |
 |
| My Uncle Jonathan came to visit so I could teach him all about little girls. He might just be ready for my cousin...a bit more pink and he'll have it! |
 |
| Thanks for my hat, Grandmom! Grandmom says cherries are delicious. Mama says they're gross, but wearing them is OK. I'm confused...fashionable, but confused |
 |
| I've got a lot to say these days. I may look goofy, but my voice...will...be...heard! |
 |
| Mesmerized by the Preakness! (or possibly just by the jockey's polka dots) |
 |
| Ciao Grandpa. Gotta drool, I mean run. |
She is so cute and getting so big:)
ReplyDelete