We had our first 'Please come get your daughter; she has a fever.' phone call this past week. In fact, this week was Allie's first fever, which in seven months, I think is pretty fortunate. I left work on Tuesday to pick her up and daycare rules say one day without a fever before you can return, so between Grammy, Christopher, and myself, we had Allie's follow-up day covered as well. The first day was a big old excuse to snuggle since that plus sleep was what she wanted to do. I begrudgingly obliged and was obviously totally put-out when I had to let her nap on my chest like 'the old days.' I was especially upset when I got to nap right along with her...blast. It was good to see the thermometer dip back into the double-digits, though, and she perked up on Wednesday which made it a nice day to take a half-day off from work. Our generous girl loves to share with her mama, so this weekend I was laid out with probably the same-thing, but I mustered the strength to go to a consignment sale with Allie at my alma matter (go Chargers). Anyone who has waited in line at a consignment sale knows that it's a labor of love...especially when you feel a fever start creeping up your neck as the time reaches just past the breaking point for even the happiest of babies and what seemed like a light load at the beginning is so not, and who turned up the heat?! But I digress. We were definitely happy to get home and Allie and Daddy had some good bonding time while Mama had some quality resting time. It was worth the pain, though, since we walked away with an armful of bargains and a whole 'new' fall wardrobe for Allie. All in all, a success. Here are some pictures of day two of recovery with our girl. Clearly she was starting to perk up...
| I may look cute and happy, but I still deserve some pity, right? |
| OK, fine, I'll play instead. |
| Watch out world... |
| here I come! |
| SO proud that she got there by herself. |
| Of course, Abs was close by. She loves her Allie too. |
| Feeling better! Bring on Fall! |
No comments:
Post a Comment